Kelly Clark is our Pupil and Family Support Worker.
She works five days a week, Monday to Friday from 8am to 4.30pm.
Since September 2016, she has been based in the ‘Hub’ (formerly the DSP), at the back of the school. This is a room for parents, pupils and families to use; meetings are also held here.
She can support families in different ways:
Listen and appreciate parent issues and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families and sign post to other services available within the Kettering/Corby area.
Her role is also to provide support to children by listening and talking through worries they may have or may be experiencing.
She works with children in groups and also individually.
Some of the areas covered are…
- Emotional support
- Anger and Control
- Key transitions, including moving between schools/classes
- Development of pupil self-esteem and confidence
- Friendship issues / bullying, including social networking
- Family issues: Bereavement, new baby in the family, parent’s separation / divorce.
- Early Help Assessment to support families during difficult times
Kelly is also a Deputy DSL
If you have any concerns please contact Kelly, she has an open door policy and is happy to listen and provide support and a coffee.